Monday, January 31, 2011

Muddy River Mouth

I believe that's what Kuala Lumpur means. But my Malay is as shoddy as my Maths, so feel free to correct me.

Quick updates on the last week.

A last minute decision was made for me to come back for Chinese New Year, seeing as practically all my cousins are back this year. And we are quite the clan, so it's kind of a huge thing for us. Thus, to add to the statistics, Daddy Dearest flew my ass back.

The moment I landed, I remembered why I was so eager to leave the country. The pollution. The indifferent attitudes. The inability to comprehend the idea of a queue. The chaos and absolute lack of system.

But then, I got home and remembered why this is still home. The three Fs - food, friends and family. I kind of went a little insane on the food in the first few days. Oh wait. Correction. I'm still a cow pigging out, as Tina so eloquently put it. When the topic of Chinese horoscopes came up, she literally guffawed when I told her I was born in the Year of the Pig.  -__-

I'm really looking forward to having all my cousins gathered together during Chinese New Year. It's going to be a blast!

On another note, things are finally moving forward somewhat. I have been tossing the idea of moving to New Zealand back and forth, and when to do so. I can finally say that I will be making the move in the first week of March. Let's hope job hunting is a little more fruitful over there. This is a record. Moving countries twice in six months.

Much to look forward to already. I'm liking 2011 so far.

No comments: